As vice president for student affairs and dean of students I have the pleasure and the privilege of working with all students to support their development as scholars and leaders while at Albright College.
Albright is a residential learning community. In the division of student affairs we seek to support and grow each student’s unique talents and abilities in and out of the classroom. It is our hope that in a safe, nurturing, creative and challenging environment, students will gain the confidence and skills to make a difference in their professions, their communities and in the organizations with which they become involved.
At Albright, we have 70 clubs and organizations, a competitive athletics program, and many ways in which to become a student leader such as a peer orientation person (POP) or a resident assistant (RA).
We educate and support the whole student, partnering with them and advocating for their needs. This is accomplished through a variety of approaches:
- A caring, committed team of student life professionals who work directly with students
- Wellness programs and services to support responsible decision making and healthy lifestyles
- Programs on important issues facing students such as alcohol and other drugs, sexual assault, body image, stress management, civility and mental health
- Referrals to campus resources through a student alert process to support academic and personal success
- A strong, collaborative relationship with academic affairs to support student success in and out of the classroom
- Open door policies so students may easily receive the assistance they desire
Students at Albright are challenged daily to do their best work in the classroom, on the field and within their chosen organizations. It is our job as professionals in the division of student affairs to assure students that they will be encouraged, supported and assisted in whatever paths they choose to follow.
I look forward to meeting you and am available to assist you.
Gina-Lyn Crance, Ed.D.
Vice President for Students Affairs and Dean of Students
Email the Dean