Commencement Instructions for Faculty & Staff
TO: Albright Faculty and Staff
FROM: Kathy Cafoncelli ‘99, Director of Commencement
RE: Commencement 2014
- Baccalaureate Service will be held in Memorial Chapel on Saturday, May 24 at 4:00 p.m.
- Faculty and administrators participating should report to the basement of Memorial Chapel for robing by 3:15 p.m.
- The processional will begin at 3:50 p.m.
- Commencement Ceremony for traditional undergraduate, Degree Completion Program, and graduate students will be held on Sunday, May 25 at 10 a.m. in Shirk Stadium
- Faculty and administrators should report to Campus Center South Lounge for robing by 9:00 a.m. (In case of severe weather, report to the 2nd floor of the Gymnasium at 9:15 a.m.—see below for more information on severe inclement weather.)
- The order of lineup for the processional will be faculty, administrators, trustees, and the platform party, who will form a double line through which the seniors will pass in M.A., M.S., B.A., B.S., and DCP Cohort alphabetical order.
- The processional will start promptly at 9:40 a.m.
- Please note: In the event of severe inclement weather, please call your voice mail or call The Albright College Weather and Emergency Hotline at 610-921-7800 to hear an announcement with instructions. Information will also be posted on the main page of the Commencement web site. Faculty and staff will be requested to report to the second floor of the Gymnasium. Follow the signs and instructions of marshals when you arrive at the building.
- If you are planning on processing and need a robe, please contact Diane Sheetz at the Bookstore as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, April 25, 2014.
- Faculty and staff are invited to have breakfast in the Dining Hall from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. Tickets are not required, but you must sign in at the Dining Hall reception desk.
PARKING FOR COMMENCEMENT CEREMONIES
- On Sunday, May 25, all faculty and staff are requested to park in the Elite Sportswear parking lot on North 13th Street. The lot is located just above the U.S. Post Office and is across from the Albright Woods Apartment Complex. The Department of Public Safety will run a shuttle from the Elite Sportswear lot to campus every five minutes or so, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING COMMENCEMENT (Approximately 12:00 noon)
Light Fare Reception Hosted by Albright Faculty for traditional day, DCP, and graduate students:
- Faculty and staff are invited to join the graduates in the main Dining Hall to mix and mingle with our newest alumni and their families and say farewell before they depart campus. Signs will be posted for faculty and students to gather by academic disciplines, DCP, and graduate program. All faculty, administrators, and staff are welcome. Tickets are not required. Location: Campus Center Dining Hall
Should you have any questions or need clarification, please don’t hesitate to contact me or anyone in the president’s office. Thank you for helping to make Commencement weekend special and memorable for all of our graduating students.