Commencement Instructions for Guests
Dear Class of 2014 Parent, Spouse, Family Member, or Friend:
Commencement is the most important day in a student’s academic career, and all of us at Albright College want to make it a wonderful and memorable day.
The Baccalaureate Service will be held on May 24, 2014 in Memorial Chapel at 4 p.m. The speaker will be Bishop Peggy Johnson, the Bishop of The Eastern PA Conference of the United Methodist Church. The Commencement Ceremony will be held the following morning, Sunday, May 25, 2014 at 10 a.m. in Shirk Stadium, rain or shine. Our speaker will be writer and broadcaster Bob Garfield. The co-host of NPR’s “On the Media,” Garfield is a nationally known media, marketing, and advertising analyst whose work has appeared in USA Today, The New York Times, Sports Illustrated, and numerous other national publications. For 25 years he was the influential “Ad Review” columnist for the trade publication Advertising Age. Garfield began his career in Reading as a reporter for the Reading Times.
I am writing to share with you important information regarding Albright’s Commencement ceremonies on Sunday, May 25, 2014. Specifically,
- Legacy Alumni Greetings: If you are a graduate of the College and the mother, father, brother, sister, or spouse/partner of a Class of 2014 graduate, please contact the Albright College Alumni Office at 610-921-7510 or email@example.com by Friday, May 9, 2014, if you would like the opportunity to greet your graduate as they walk off the stage on Commencement Day.
- Each graduating senior and DCP student may receive up to four tickets (this includes a ticket for the graduate) for family and friends to attend the Baccalaureate ceremony in Memorial Chapel.
- Seniors and graduating DCP students will receive four tickets for Commencement in the reserved seating section on the turf field of Shirk Stadium. Please note that spiked heels and baby strollers are NOT allowed on the turf field of Shirk Stadium.
- The bleacher section of Shirk Stadium is open seating and tickets are not required.
- All graduating students will receive six tickets for the Bollman Gym in the event we move indoors due to severe inclement weather.
- Please arrange with your graduate where you will meet him or her after the ceremony. We request that you arrange to meet on the Football Practice Field on N. 12th Street (immediately across from Shirk Stadium) or a location you determine on main campus. We ask that you do not try to meet your graduate inside Shirk Stadium.
- Immediately following Commencement, the Albright Faculty will host ALL graduates and their families in the Campus Center Dining Hall for a Light Fare Reception. Please look for signs where the graduates and faculty will gather by academic discipline, Degree Completion Program, and Graduate Program.
Full information about the day is available on the Albright website at www.albright.edu/commencement/index.html. If you have questions, please contact the Commencement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 610-921-7575.
Thank you for helping to make our Commencement a safe and memorable day for our graduating seniors, their families and friends. I look forward to celebrating our students’ accomplishments with you on May 25.
L. Cafoncelli '99
Director of Commencement