A Moveable Feast
Exhibition, March 21-April 23, 2017
Auction & Gala, Sun., April 23, 4-7 p.m.
Main | View/Bid | Pre-Event Bid Form | Artist Donation Form
About the Exhibition:
A Moveable Feast is an invitational exhibition of regional artists and artisans whose work focuses on food and table related items that will be arranged in an immersive environment that references the “period rooms” in many of the world’s foremost museums, only here the period is contemporary and the setting is that of a dining room. Artists and artwork featured in the exhibition can be found under the View/Bid link. To be considered for inclusion, artists should complete the Artist Donation Form (downloadable PDF).
About the Gala:
A grand gala and auction in the tradition of the former Friends of the Freedman will close out the show. Tickets for the gala must be purchased in advance and include a grand buffet, two drink tickets, and musical entertainment provided by Dan and Suzanne. Contact the Box Office at 610-921-7547 or purchase securely online at http://albright.universitytickets.com/user_pages/event_listings.asp.
The exhibit and event are sponsored by Susan Kraus, Ph.D., ‘77 & Robert Gill, Ed. D.
- Bidders do not need to be present the day of the Gala & Auction to win. You may place an absentee bid using the Pre-Event Bid Form (downloadable PDF). You may also use this form to place an early-bird bid even if you plan to come to the event.
- The artist’s Reserve Price (not the minimum bid) must be met for the bid to be a winning one. You may place a single bid, or a minimum and maximum bid when using the Pre-Event Bid Form. If other bids are received, we will raise your bid incrementally up to the maximum amount listed.
- Bidding will continue until 6 p.m., Sunday, April 23, 2017. Bids will only be accepted using the Pre-Event Bid Form as received by mail, email or in-person, no later than Wednesday, April 19, 2017, and in-person at the event itself.
- Once you submit a Pre-Event Bid Form or if you sign up to bid at the event, you will be issued a bid number. The issuance of the bid number confirms acceptance of your Pre-Event Bid Form.
- All sales are final. No returns or refunds. Conditions of sale may be waived, modified or voided at the sole discretion of the Freedman Gallery.
- While every effort has been made to accurately present the items up for auction, all lots are “as is” and the Freedman Gallery and Albright College assume no responsibility for defects and make no warranty in connection therewith.
- The highest bidder acknowledged by the Freedman Gallery shall be the winning bid. If a winning bidder defaults on an item, the Gallery has the right to declare the next highest bid the winning bid.
- If you are attending the event, please plan to pay at the close of the auction. Once you pay, you may take your item with you, or, for larger items, arrange for the item to be picked up at a later date. All items must be collected no later than April 30. If you are not present for the Gala & Auction, a CFA representative will call you on Monday, April 24, to arrange for payment and pick up.
- You may pay by cash, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or Discover).
- If you have questions regarding this process, contact David Tanner at (610) 921-7619 or email email@example.com.